Foster Youth Services
Who We Are
What We Provide
- Case management and support services for students and their families grades 9-12.
- School site support for grades K-8.
- Work collaboratively with social workers and Child/Welfare/Attendance (CWA) to ensure school stability
- Expedite and assist with prompt school enrollment and transfer student records
- Participate in case-conference and educational meetings
- Information for county wide Foster Youth/guardian events
- Lead district/county Independent Living Program (ILP) for all eligible 16-18 year old students
TRUSD Independent Living Program (ILP):
- California Career Zone (Fun website for career interests, salary, and future income planning)
- Financial Literacy (PDF's and worksheets for budgeting lessons)
- Coronavirus..what is it? (Great breakdown, easy to understand)
Mental Health Services
The Source Sacramento- Support for Foster Youth and their Caregivers
Support for Youth
- Support you in handling life’s challenges.
- Help to solve problems and create a plan for the future.
Support for Caregivers
- Assistance in overcoming conflicts and challenges in your family.
- Intense, short-term help is available.
Foster Youth & Their Caregivers
- Priority given to current and former foster youth, or caregiver of a foster youth.
- Youth can join our monthly fun activities for a positive change in your life.
- Get connected to other supports and programs in the community.
- Get support from staff with lived experiences similar to youth and caregivers
Support when & Where needed
- Get support by Phone, Text or Live Chat whenever you need it most, and we will help you make a plan for wellness.
- Face-to-face help at home, in-school or other safe community locations
- Family and Community Engagement (FACE)
- Parent Resources
- Behavior Support
- Bullying and 504 Accommodations
- Find Your School
- Nutrition Services
- Parents Corner
- Student & Family Handbook
- Transportation Services
- Wellness Resources
- Special Projects
- Every Student Succeeds Act
- Expanded Learning Athletics
- Expanded Learning Programs
- Local Control Accountability Plan (LCAP)
- School Site Council & ELAC
- Summer School Programs
- TK-8th Grade Athletics
- Student Services
- Child Welfare and Attendance
- Complaints and Inquiries
- Foster Youth Services
- Gender Equity/Title IX
- Health Services
- Back to School Health
- Covid and Flu Information
- Dental Resources
- Drugs, Opioids, and Fentanyl - What can parents do?
- Emergency Numbers
- Free Bicycle Helmets
- Health Care and Clinic Information
- Mental Health & Wellness
- School Nurses
- Teen Health
- Tobacco Use Prevention
- WSCC & Wellness Policy
- Library Media Services
- Paper (Tutoring Service)
- WIN Academy
Foster Youth Services Staff
Tiffany Hunt Foster Youth Liaison Foothill/Highlands Region Tiffany.Hunt@twinriversusd.org
Ana Broadbent Foster Youth Liaison Rio Linda/Del Paso Region Ana.Broadbent@twinriversusd.org