Click HERE for TRUSD Charter Resource Manual
Petitioners renewing their Charter School Petition should communicate with the District as early in the school year (July - August). Sharilyn Marshall, Project Manager will work with petitioners to identify the best submission timelines for all parties. Petitioners are encouraged to work with timelines that allow utilization of the current year's board meeting schedule and avoid timelines that require a special meeting of the Board to be called.
Petitions must be submitted at least 120 days before the term of the charter is due to expire.
STEP 1: Between July and August, the petitioner contacts TRUSD to determine submission timelines that work with both the petitioner's schedule and the current year's Board schedule.
- STEP 2: Petitioner provides written notification of exact submission date (2 weeks prior) and schedules a meeting (email: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- STEP 3: During the scheduled meeting, the petitioner submits a digital and hard copy of the petition along with certification stating the petition is complete.
- STEP 4: Twin Rivers conducts a preliminary petition review during the scheduled meeting. If the petition is complete, TRUSD accepts the petition and the review process begins. Incomplete petitions will not be accepted.
- STEP 5: Public Hearing (within 60 days of submission)
- STEP 6: TRUSD posts recommendations 15 days prior to the decision.
- STEP 7: Twin Rivers' Board of Trustees makes a final decision to approve or deny the petition (within 90 days of submission, 120 if mutually agreed upon).
|Creative Connections Arts Academy (K-6 & 7-8)||07/01/2021-06/30/2026|
|Smythe Academy of Arts & Sciences (PK-6 & 7-8)||07/01/2019-06/30/2026|
|Westside Preparatory Charter||07/01/2021-06/30/2026|
|California Innovative Career Academy||07/1/2019-06/30/2026|
|Community Collaborative Charter||07/01/2017-06/30/2024|
|Community Outreach Academy||07/01/2017-06/30/2024|
|Futures High School||07/01/2017-06/30/2024|
|Higher Learning Academy||07/01/2017-06/30/2024|
|Highlands Community Charter||07/01/2019-06/30/2026|
|Sacramento Academic & Vocational Academy||06/01/2017-07/30/2024|
- Assessment & Accountability
- Curriculum and Instruction
- A-G College Entrance Requirements
- CA Healthy Youth Act: FAQ
- College & Career Readiness
- Dual Enrollment
- Educational Technology
- FAIR Act: FAQ
- Graduation Requirement
- Instructional Materials
- State Seal of Civic Engagement (SSCE)
- Swun Math
- Adult Education
- Arts and Career Education
- Career Technical Education (CTE)
- Charter School Programs
- Dual Language Immersion
- Early Childhood Education (ECE)
- English Learner Services
- Special Education
- School Leadership
- Student Engagement