New Charter Schools expecting to open during the upcoming academic year are encouraged to submit petitions before December 1st to allow enough time to prepare for site opening.
Renewal Charter petitions should be submitted between August and March of each school year.
Contact Sharilyn Marshall as early in the school year as possible to identify submission timelines before submitting a charter petition.
(916) 566-1600 ext. 31252 or email email@example.com
Provide a formal notification of intent to submit a charter petition at least 2 weeks before submission AND schedule an in-person meeting for petition submission. The notification may be via email and/or letter. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- On the date of meeting submit charter petitions in person to:
Twin Rivers Unified School District
Ask for: Sharilyn Marshall
5115 Dudley Blvd. Bay A
McClellan Park, CA 95652
DO NOT DROP PETITIONS OFF WITH THE FRONT DESK RECEPTION!
- Petitioners are encouraged to keep the petition brief, specific, and clear.
- Print double-sided on plain, 8 1/2" X 11" paper
- Provide 1 hard copy of the entire petition in a single 3 ring binder (avoid complex binding)
- Certification that the petition is complete
- Provide 1 digital copy using a Flash Drive
- Digital documents should be in Microsoft Word or Excel format
- PDF or scanned versions are acceptable if Word and/or Excel versions are not available for specific documents
- Be sure all 16 Elements are included in the petition (Click HERE to review the 16 required elements)
- Assessment & Accountability
- Curriculum and Instruction
- A-G College Entrance Requirements
- CA Healthy Youth Act: FAQ
- College & Career Readiness
- Dual Enrollment
- Educational Technology
- FAIR Act: FAQ
- Graduation Requirement
- Instructional Materials
- State Seal of Civic Engagement (SSCE)
- Swun Math
- Adult Education
- Arts and Career Education
- Career Technical Education (CTE)
- Charter School Programs
- Dual Language Immersion
- Early Childhood Education (ECE)
- English Learner Services
- Special Education
- School Leadership
- Student Engagement