skip to main content

Twin Rivers Unified School District

Twin Rivers Unified School District

Get a jump on your College Career NOW for FREE with the Dual Enrollment program
What is Dual Enrollment?

What is Dual Enrollment?

Through our Dual Enrollment Program, students have the unique opportunity to take a college course at his or her high school and receive college units while also fulfilling high school credits. Dual enrollment courses are offered at no cost to students.



2022-23 Term dates

2022-23 Term dates

Spring Semester: January 14, 2023 – May 18, 2023

Grades are due May 25, 2023

Dual Enrollment Course offerings

Dual Enrollment Course offerings

Additional Information

Additional Information


  1. Complete the Dual Enrollment Permission Form
  2. Complete the California Community College Application-CCC Application first, and move on to complete your ARC application. 
  3. Turn in Paperwork to your High School Counselor. 
  4. Sign up and Attend New Student Orientation

GE Requirements

2021-2022 California State University General Education (GE) Requirements

What does General Education (GE) Requirements mean: General education courses are required classes taken by students enrolled in traditional four-year degree programs at accredited academic institutions. These courses are required for a student to transfer from community college to any CSU or UC. They also meet the requirement for an AA/AS degree from community college.  These courses can take two to three years to complete
Highlighted Courses and Course numbers are courses currently offered at TRUSD
General Education page 1
General Education pg 2

Dual Enrollment Resources

Through Dual Enrollment program, TRUSD students will have access to both TRUSD resources and ARC resources.
  • Do you need a check out a chrombook or/and Chrombook?
    • TRUSD Technology resources:
      • Check in with your schools textbook liason or contact Twin Rivers Help desk:  (916) 566-3444 or email the Staff Technology Help Desk at
    • ARC Technology Resouces:
  • ARC Library:
    • What they offer: Research Databases, Research Guides, Citation Help, Textbooks, and Other Library Material, Library Courses related to resources and research for credit, Computers, Printing, Photocopying, and Study RoomsWebsite:
  • ARC Learning Resouce Center (LRC)
    • What they offer: Tutoring in all subjects on campus, English as a Second Language Center, LRC Computer Lab, Reading across the Disciplines (RAD) and Writing Across the Curriculum (WAC), Student Tech Center, and Tutorial CenterWebsite:
  • Disability Services and Programs for Students (DSPS) (For students with IEP services)
  • Beaver Food Pantry


  • How much is the Tuition?
    • Free! Dual Enrollment pays for all your fees.
  • Do I need to purchase a textbook?
    • No, your high school will provide you with the textbooks.

  • Do I have to go to American River College in person to take the classes?
    • No, your classes are taken online during a designated class time at your high school.

  • What are the benefits of Dual enrollment?
    • You will be earning college credits as well as high school credits.

  • Do I need to fill out a FAFSA?
    • No, you do not need to fill out the FAFSA.

  • Do I need to apply to American River College?
  • Am I eligible for the Dual Enrollment program?
    • Talk with your high school counselor to find out if you are eligible to be a part of the Dual Enrollment program.

Important ARC Links

Video Tutorials

ARC Info Session (English): Learn about ARC programs, services, and if it is the right fit for your college and career journey
Full Application Workshop (English): Go step by step applying to ARC
Short ARC Application (Spanish)
Short ARC Application (English)
Full Application Workshop for Refugee or Special Immigrant (SIV) Status (English):
Go step by step applying to ARC with a focus on students who are refugee or SIV status
Advanced Education Workshop: High School Students Taking Free ARC Courses
How to Log Into Los Rios CCD Gmail (English)
How to Log Into Los Rios CCD Gmail (Spanish)
How to Log Into Canvas (English)
How to Log Into Canvas (Spanish)
How to log in to eServices (English)
How to login to eServices (Spanish)
Dual Enrollment Contact Information by School Sites

Dual Enrollment Contact Information by School Sites

Creative Connections Academy of Arts

Sarah Zare
Phone Number: 
(916) 566-3465 ext. 21860

Foothill High School

Cristina Escareno
Phone Number:
(916) 566-3445 ext. 26046

Grant High School

Simone Brown
Phone Number:
(916) 566-3450 ext. 21472

Highlands High School

Sarah Zare
Phone Number: 
(916) 566-3465 ext. 21860

Rio Linda HS

Stella Lopez
Phone Number:
(916) 566-2725 ext. 25320